Ways To Take Care Of Full Lace Wigs
Okay, so you bought your new beautiful shiny full lace wig. And you have worn it about five or six times and it's starting to look a little too shiny. It's time to wash that wig, but what is the best way to maintain the look and style of the wig?
1. De-tangle the wig with a wig pick or a wig comb or brush thoroughly before washing.
2. Fill the sink with luke warm water and add wig shampoo. -DO NOT USE COLD WATER!!! Soak wig for 5 minutes in the soapy water in the sink.
3. Remove wig from water and gently ring out access water. Put some shampoo in your hand and gently massage the wig. Gently scrub inside of the cap.
4. Rinse shampoo out with luke warm water. Do Not Use Cold Water. Place Wig on Mannequin head and secure using T-pins.
5. Pour some conditioner into your hand (follow direction on bottle for exact amount). Massage into wig and let stand for 5 minutes. Rinse well luke warm water- Do Not Use Cold Water. Gently ring out excess water.
6. Carefully place wig in a dry towel and blot towel to dry. Place the wig on a mannequin head to air dry. If you need it in a hurry you can blow dry it on low.
7. Gently comb through the wig. You can style using hot rollers or curling iron on Velcro rollers & lightly hairspray.
And that's all there is to it. How to wash a full lace wig in seven easy steps. No more worries for another 6 wears! Properly maintaining your wig will save you time and money in the long run by keeping your wig looking like new.